Economic changes for 2022
2022 comes with new challenges for the F1 teams, the most important of which is the limitation of spending, which will benefit the smaller teams in particular, making them dream of a podium finish in the new year.
CHANGES IN SPENDING:
For next year, the FIA will implement a maximum spending cap of $145 million (approximately 132 million euros) and by 2023 this will be reduced to $140 million and $135 million from 2023 onwards.
Each season consists of 21 races, for each additional race at the circuit an extra 1 million will be added for the teams.
Excluded from these costs are the drivers' salaries, the three highest staff salaries and the marketing department.
NEW OPPORTUNITIES FOR THE TEAMS:
F1 is currently made up of 10 teams, with 2 drivers per team.
Currently, in F1 2021, there are several teams that exceed or equal this budget of 145 million dollars, as would be the case of McLaren, Mercedes, Red Bull who lead the table, and on the other hand we would find teams that would be enhanced with this change in the regulations, such as Williams, Haas, Alfa Romeo.....
Do you think that teams such as Haas or Williams, which have been lagging behind the other teams for some seasons now, will benefit greatly from the application of the new rules?
Click HERE to access an explanatory video
Do you think these changes are necessary?
Really exited to see how it is going to be next year with the new cars and the new rules. I cannot wait! I think it is a great step forward for the sport in terms of equality and that anyone can win.
ReplyDeleteIn my opinion, this is a great new rule to increase the equality between richer and poorer teams. Teams like Haas and Williams will benefit from this, because their chances to get on the podium will increase and they will have the same opportunity like for example McLaren or Mercedes.
ReplyDeleteI think that in the last few years money has been gaining a lot of ground in motorsport, so this change will benefit a lot the teams that until now have been left behind. In this sport the money factor plays a very important role, benefiting those who have a higher budget. Therefore, setting a maximum budget seems to me a very good way to reduce this inequality and contribute to achieve a more equitable and fairer sport. Even so, I believe that talent is above all, and that no matter how much money you have, if you don't have talent you will not get anywhere.
ReplyDeleteI started following Formula 1 3 years ago because of the drive to survive series. in an episode called cashcow, they explained how money plays a big part in Formula 1. Since then, I've loved seeing a driver from a team with much less resources get a good result in a race. When the news came that there will be a budget restriction next year I was very happy! This will certainly lead to convergence between the richer and the poorer teams. I also think that the outcome of the race will depend more and more on the qualities of the driver rather than the amount of money invested in a car.
ReplyDeleteFully agree with you, I think that next seasons of Formula 1 we will see more competition between teams. This will also be a big opportunity for a team like Haas who which has not yet had the opportunity to compete in recent seasons.
DeleteJoaquim Lozano
Very interesting changes! I think it was badly needed to make a shift.Because we all know here that there are still differences in budget equality between the different teams and this has been the case for years. So to be able to update this whole system is great news for the Formula 1 world.
ReplyDeleteMorgane DOUCET
I really hope they will benefit. As Jean mentioned when you know about the role of money in F1 you look different on the weaker teams. I hope this makes the races more interesting. I hope we see ,ore overtakes and more people fighting for the title. There may be a chance of a win win situation as the interest into the Sport could increase as well, except of course for the now well performing teams :D
ReplyDeleteAlejandro Viladomiu
ReplyDeleteI am very excited about this new rule, as it gives the smaller teams the opportunity to show what they have and create more equality between the different cars. I am anxious to see how it will be next season.