it's worth going to see a formula 1 race in person?



                                  Participation at Formula 1 races has been significantly impacted during the 2020 season because of the rise of COVID-19, which implied that fanatics of the game needed to follow the opposition from their TVs at home. This opened up another discussion inside the game, is it truly worth going to watch a Formula 1 race face to face? We observed that this situation has effectively emerged in different games, like football, yet essentially in football you can see all that occurs on the pitch. In Formula 1, we see that participants can just see a little piece of the circuit. 

The costs are pretty much reasonable in the majority of the races, in spite of the fact that it is yet an extravagance for a few. For instance, at the Barcelona circuit the most reasonable cost for a ticket is €90 just to go to on Sunday, the day of the race. We observed that the most costly ticket would cost €495. We see that Barcelona is one of the most reasonable in Europe.Formula 1 additionally has the absolute most select tickets at the cost. In Monaco, all that seats can cost €2,800, including cooking. In Australia, around €3,460. In any case, the best costs go to the Singapore Grand Prix, the Paddock Club ticket, at no under €6,701. 

On the direct inverse side of such a selective Formula 1, we have a lot less expensive choices. In Malaysia and China, entire end of the week tickets are accessible from €44 to €60. For the most intrepid there is as yet a less expensive choice and the least expensive ticket of the whole Formula 1 World Championship, the €12 ticket in Malaysia, because of the extreme temperatures, this is quite reasonable for the adventurous.

Participation at Formula 1 races face to face has been incredibly impacted during the 2020 season because of the rise of COVID-19, which implied that fans of the competition preferred to follow it from their TV at home. This opened up another discussion, is it truly worth going to watch a Formula 1 race face to face? This situation has as of now emerged in different games, like football, yet basically in football you can see all that occurs on the pitch. In Formula 1, we see that participants can just see a little piece of the circuit. Do you imagine that going to watch a race face to face is more for the experience than to follow the opposition?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cTx1hTLcvE 

Comments

  1. Im not really sure it's worth it at the moment to go see live races, specially for people who don't follow F1 as much. I believe that covid will in fact affect a lot the audience of F1 races, since it has proven that from TV you are actually able to follow the race more or less the same, since at the race you only see a small part. I believe F1 should look into innovating and looking for new ways to generate entertainment during races. Add some sort of show for when the cars are not passing through or offer in general a different experince that will persuade more people to attend races.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a good topic to bring up, as you describe yourself, you can see a lot more from TV. Looking at this topic from my own perspective I think you don't go to a race to see a part of a track, you go for the emotions and of course to see your favorite driver. It is all about the emotions en the environment. I went to the F1 race in Belgium and it was amazing! I would recommend it to everyone to get a good experience of a F1 race. I look at racing very differently now than before I ever went to a race.

    Roger Onkenhout

    ReplyDelete
  3. A few years ago I went to watch a race in Spa Francorchamps. I must admit that you can indeed see much less than on TV. You often only see a certain part of the track and will only often notice that someone has been stabbed elsewhere on the track when the cars drive back past you. However, the whole experience behind it is very nice! Hearing the sound of the cars in real life is definitely a thrill and not at all the same as on TV. For me it was a very nice experience, but provided it is very expensive and the other circuits are all in other countries, I think this is more an activity that you do once or twice in your life. I wouldn't spend money on it again right away, but I can definitely recommend giving it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always watched the Formula 1 races at home and have never had the necessity to watch is in person. However, from home the seats are always seen full which shows that in spite of the high prices people still demand it. For me it would not be worth to pay such high tickets to only be able to see a piece of the circuit, however I understand that other people find it interesting to do so. Maybe it is seen as a once in a lifetime activity, which in this case it is completely understandable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As Núria says, I agree on the fact that it's a must-do for once in your life. The sounds, smells, atmosphere and just the fact of getting a glimpse of your F1 idol must be unique!

      Delete
  5. Once, I had the opportunity to see Formula 1 in Montmeló it was a great experince because I love cars and races but it is not worth because you only see part of the race only when the cars are near to the stadium bleachers. Then, there is a lot of noise and it is difficult to follow the race and speak with your mates. But it is cool because after the race I saw the cars and pilots in a few meters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not know that the prices of Formula 1 tickets were so expensive! But that's normal when i think about it, it's a rich people sport. Much like golf, most people who enjoy the sport and who invest in going to the circuits have a certain standard of living.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There are indeed some events that are so well broadcast on television that it is not worth going to see them live because of the cost involved. However, watching it on TV is not nearly the same as watching it live because the experience you get is not the same at all. Live there is always more commotion, people supporting different teams, music, more ambiance... So going to watch X sport doesn't mean just watching the sport but living a complete experience.
    Even so, it is also true that is important to choose well which match or which sport to go to see since the cost is sometimes higher. In the case of formula 1, I completely agree that it is a sport that is worth going to see live, as on television you can not see everything that happens on the circuit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an interesting topic to talk about. I personally don't follow Formula 1 and I got very surprised when I saw the prices of the tickets to see a race in live, super expensive! Although I am not a fan of formula 1 I love cars and loud sounds so It would be an insane experience for me to get to see a Formula 1 race. However I see it as a once in a lifetime experience because I don't think it is worth to pay that much for watching a Formula 1 race.

    ReplyDelete
  9. For me, going to a race, preparing to go, and sitting down is irreplaceable. The emotions you feel when you are there, the adrenaline that is present everything is multiplied and amplified. Even if with the covid the habits have evolved, I remain convinced that being on the spot is an experience that can't be replaced!

    Morgane DOUCET

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good question whether going to the race will be worth the money. I always wanted to go to a race, but the prices were too high for my interest, as I would need to travel there, stay somewhere and pay my days there. If a ticket would cost 200€ and I am the whole weekend there I would spend as much as for a one week vacation in Croatia and this fact usually makes me decide not to go.
    One day I will go as I would like to hear the cars and get into the rush some people shared here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My uncle is a really good fan of Moto GP and Formula 1 and he used to bring me to few races years ago.
    I am not a really fan of these sports but i have to admite that when you are in the circuit the experience it's amazing!
    You enjoy the noise, when you see the cars close to you, the fans, the enviroment... so it's a unique experience that you can't feel at home.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do not follow Formula 1 and I am really surprised to see the prices to see a carrer. For me, it is very surprising to see how high the prices can be considering that the spectators get to see only a part of the race instead of the whole journey of the drivers. As many other commented already, seeing one race is an experience that people at least have to go through once in their life. I can understand why some people enjoy the thrill of the races but I think F1 is not for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alejandro Viladomiu

    My personal opinion is yes but not regularly. I would like formula 1 to be more available to its fans when it comes to watching a race. For example, it would be nice to give more opportunities for fans to get closer to the pits and see the action behind the cars. I think it would be a fantastic idea that they should take into consideration.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have had the opportunity to go twice in the circuit of Barcelona 2009 and 2019. In my opinion it is worth seeing because of the atmosphere you feel, but you see the race better on TV. Also in my opinion F1 is not the same as it used to be before remember when I went in 2009 cars were so loud it was crazy. And now with all the regulations in 2019 I went and the sound was very different in my opinion worst.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Considering that I have been to see the 24h of Le Mans in Montmelo and the RallyCross in Barcelona as well and I have enjoyed them a lot, I must say that the idea of watching F1 on the track and not on the TV is not something that convinces me. Probably once I will, for the experience. As you have argued, at the track you only see part of the action and don't follow the race fully, and the prices are usually very high. Have you ever gone to watch F1 at the track?


    Great article and bravo!
    Francesc Guàrdia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GP MONACO

McLaren and its first carbon fibre car